Imagine waking up to the sound of waves crashing against mighty cliffs, your window opening to endless horizons where the sea kisses the sky, and your days ending with a front-row seat to the setting sun, painting the sky in shades of fire.
Welcome to the edge of the world, where luxury meets unspoiled beauty. In this blog post, we will whisk you away on a virtual journey to eight of the most exquisite cliffside hotels around the globe. These architectural marvels not only defy gravity but also redefine luxury and offer breathtaking panoramas.
So, tighten your seatbelt, and let’s embark on this roller-coaster ride of sheer beauty and grandeur. Buckle up! It’s time to take a step on the wild side, where luxury literally hangs in the balance!
- Andronis Luxury Suites, Santorini, Greece: This 16-room hotel is built into a cliff on westernmost Santorini. It offers spectacular Aegean views, poolside cocktail service, private wine tastings at sunset, and more. Click to View The Hotel
- Post Ranch Inn, Big Sur, California, USA: Situated on a 1,200-foot-high ridge overlooking the Pacific, this hotel offers a mix of luxury and privacy. Its 40 adults-only homes and suites feature salvaged redwood and sheet metal artwork, with options for views of the Pacific or the Santa Lucia Mountains. Click to View The Hotel
- Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar, Oman: This hotel holds the title of the highest five-star hotel in the Middle East. Of the 115 accommodations, the Cliff Pool Villas feature private infinity pools that jut out over the mountain rim, 6,500 feet above sea level. Click to View The Hotel
- The Caves, Negril, Jamaica: This hotel is comprised of 12 thatched-roof cottages and one grand villa. The resort offers Jamaican-style cuisine, the opportunity to dive off small platforms into the Caribbean Sea, and cocktails at the Blackwell Rum Bar. Click to View The Hotel
- Ponta dos Ganchos, Brazil: This quiet, adults-only retreat offers memorable views along Brazil’s Emerald Coast. The hotel features 25 bungalows with oversized windows, wood-burning fireplaces, and massive bathrooms. Click to View The Hotel
- Il San Pietro di Positano, Italy: This hotel is located on a rock face above the Bay of Positano. The rooms feature ceramic tiling and Mediterranean colors and antiques, and they all have private terraces overlooking the ocean. Click to View The Hotel
- Birkenhead House, Hermanus, South Africa: Located on a bluff overlooking Walker Bay and two adjacent swimming beaches, this all-inclusive hotel offers luxurious beachside living. Each of the 11 rooms are individually designed with bold color palettes, chandeliers, and freestanding Victorian bathtubs. Click to View The Hotel
- Cap Rocat, Mallorca, Spain: This former citadel overlooking Spain’s Bay of Palma was transformed into a sleek retreat in 2010. The hotel has 22 cozy suites featuring antique beds, Moroccan rugs, and terraces with daybeds where breakfast is delivered in hampers each morning. Click to View The Hotel